Monday, April 4, 2011

C is for Challenge...What's Yours?

During the A to Z Challenge, over 900 bloggers are posting once a day to their blogs and each day represents one letter of the alphabet. (April/30 days minus 4 Sundays = 26 days/letters.)  Check out my personal blog to see what I came up with for the letter "C" on a non-writing basis.

I've faced and overcome many Challenges in my life--as I'm sure you have. On a few occasions, the Challenges got the better of me.  That's just how life goes, sometimes.

Here's an opportunity for you share a story about how you overcame, or didn't overcome, one of life's Challenges. Of Course, the Challenge has to be related to your writing, even if only peripherally.

YOUR CHOICE: post a Comment here or e-mail me and we can arrange to have you share your story in the future--either as one of "letter" days this month, or in May.

4 comments:

  1. That's a great way to give back! My challenge had more to do with getting my butt online and finding my blogging voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think finishing my Master's thesis was the biggie. I went to grad school in the early 90s and thought I could do my thesis while I was pregnant the first time (HA! not while working full time and needing 14 hours a day of sleep). In the meantime I had a baby, my husband went insane (it didn't last, but it was rough for a while) and I had to act as single mom for a couple years, but I decided if I was EVER going to have a job that wasn't waitressing, I just had to do it. I met with my advisor, plotted a timeline, and went for it. Took about 8 months, but I did it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading Hart's comment, I hate to even mention mine. My challenge was overcoming a judgement from a college professor that I would never succeed as a writer. He suggested I take up basket-weaving as a creative outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Alex: But you did it, and that's what counts.

    @ Hart: Way to go! Sometimes we appreciate the fruits of our labors more when we have to work really hard.

    @ Maryann: Boo! Hiss! Did you ever send the professor a signed copy of one of your books?

    ReplyDelete