I'm happy to announce that I've returned from hiatus--and early, to boot!
As you can see, the format of the blog has changed a bit. I'll still be posting interviews and new release announcements, but I discontinued some activities, exanded others, and added new stuff. Here's the scoop:
- I added Guest Posts to the publishing "curriculum." If an author or other professional prefers to publish his/her own item instead of, or in addition to, being interviewed, I think it will not only be fun but will be a better way to spotlight a person's talents.
- I expanded my ability to do book reviews. Guidelines are specific, however, and I won't make any exceptions.
- I will continue to post new release and book sales announcements but will no longer continue to post announcements for book signings, promotional appearances, etc. I've decided that the focus of the blog needs to be more on the people appearing and what they have to say rather than on their marketing and promotional activities. When in doubt about whether I'll publish an announcement, simply send an e-mail and ask. The worst that could happen is I'll say "sorry, no can do."
- I'm requiring more advance notice when scheduling. In the past, I agreed to allow appearances with as little as 1-2 weeks notice, which was partially responsible for my "overload" before going on hiatus. Advance notice when scheduling now includes the following timeframes:
- Interviews, 4-6 weeks advance notice
- Guest Posts, 3 weeks advance notice
- New Release announcement, 2 weeks advance notice
Thanks for your patience, understanding, and continued support. I hope to hear from you soon!